Friday, March 1, 2013

"If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear"

In the Doctrine & Covenants, the Lord has promised that "if [we] are prepared [we] shall not fear." I have been preparing a lot for my mission, but I had quite a humbling moment when I was in mission prep this past week.  On Monday, we outlined the first lesson in chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel (The Restoration) into a short 20 minute lesson.  On Wednesday we paired up to teach other members of our class, and I discovered that although I had studied chapter 3 previously and I had done a pretty good job outlining the lesson, I was NOT prepared to teach.
Because of this experience, I have a renewed sense of the importance of preparing for my mission. I thought I was going strong, but now I know that I need to do a lot more work if the Spirit is to work through me to bring the message of the restored gospel to the people of Honduras.

Photo Credit: http://hijosdejerusalendescarga.blogspot.com/2011/12/predicad-mi-evangelio.html

I challenge EVERYONE who is preparing to go on a mission to read Preach My Gospel (especially chapter 3) and then read it again. If you are not preparing to serve a mission, read it anyway! Preach My Gospel is not just for missionaries! It will help build a firm foundation of the gospel in every home, and will encourage sharing the gospel from a very young age.

~Hermana Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment